Tuesday, November 3, 2009

More Roses

Had to share some more rose pictures. I cannot be sure if the perfect huge blooms I am getting this year is due to the good rainfall we have had this year or perhaps it is due to the maturity of the roses but whatever the reason my roses are amazing this year. Each morning I look forward to going out into the garden to check on the roses and every day have found more blooms. They have been so neglected for the last eight years while I have been working away so much so every time I cut some stems I am trying to give the bush a bit of careful pruning in an attempt to put them back in shape.



I picked these yesterday, stunning display of apricot and cream blooms. One rose stood out as being so perfect I had to put it in a vase by itself. The vase is actually a balsamic vinegar bottle with such a good shape to it I soaked the labels off and repurposed the bottle as a bud vase. Edna and Vera would have approved though I doubt if they would ever have had balsamic vinegar in the lifetime! I remember Edna would have malt vinegar and white vinegar in her cupboard. She always had basic white vinegar for cleaning as well as for making mayonnaise and I am sure she would reuse the bottles for practical purposes but not for flowers!




This is such a perfect rose bloom I had to take a photo of it. The vase is a black glass bottle which has made a very good bud vase. More rose stories to come, time to get out in the garden again.

No comments:

Post a Comment