Friday, August 14, 2009

Collecting Paisley Prints






Look what I found today! I cannot wait for it to arrive in the post. It was a very good deal a rare find on an ebay sale (yes I know my life is all about trying to SAVE and not spend but I can always use another bit of fabric) What I do like about collecting vintage fabrics is that it is using what could otherwise be thrown out. My cousins and I were having a chat about this very thought and wondered just how much good stuff was thrown out or put in the rag bag years ago that now would be so collectable. Nana never did though! She would never throw anything out that could be used again. She unpicked, cut down, remade, recycled and filled trunks and drawers with pieces that could be remodelled into a new outfit. I must get it from her and my studio is full of possible remakes and a growing collection of paisley fabrics.
I mean why wouldn't you want to collect paisley prints? I have so many and not one is the same! This piece is 60s or 70s vintage and such bright colours! Now what to make with that any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment